Thursday, May 24, 2012

Progress is fun!

Fun Finish









I really enjoyed working on this quilt and completing my second finish. This quilt is also for http://quiltsforkids.org/. This is done in Red Roosters Always Believe fabric. I love the feminine colors of it (I have 2 grandsons so it is nice to get to do girly things now and then ) This is actually a Christmas fabric. I didn't even realize that at first. There are two prints in the line that have tiny little snowmen on them and that's it. The lighting isn't great for these pictures but it is a sweet girly pink in 3 shades light to dark then three baby greens in light to dark. I practiced my straight line machine quilting on this one . ( I really looked for a picture where the lines looked straight but this is about the best of them LOL )



The backing is a larger print from the same line. I  did get alot of puckering on the back so if anyone has any idea what I need to do to stop that , I would appreciate it.  All in all I really enjoyed this one! 
I am working on a set of coasters , place mats etc for a kitchen set that I hope to post tutorials on. Also several quilts in various stages. 
I hope you all have a wonderful day and thanks so much for stopping by!
Hugs and blessings,
Kate
PS. Have you all voted on your favorites for the Bloggers' Quilt Festival?
Also check out the TONS of giveaways at Sew, Mama, Sew! There are hundreds of them and it runs all week. Have fun!


5 comments:

  1. I too love the that little quilty. Soft and sweet for a little girlie.
    When i lay my backing out i tape it down, making sure it is good and flat but not too tight.Then do the sandwich. When all is smooth, i pick up quilt and smooth out the backing with my hands. Works pretty good. On big quilts i can still get wrinkles.
    I met you from the festival. Read your story and was so moved by it. How determined and brave you are. The term "warrior child" came to my mind. Hope all is well with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful little quilt. And your lines look very straight to me. Remember, quilts are supposed to pucker a little. And if you do what Gramma Quilter says, I think you'll have it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors you picked out. That purple backing is just so beautiful! I usually smooth out my quilt backing to my hardwood floor and tape the four corners (and sides if the quilt is bigger). Then I line up the batting use 505 fabric spray tape, and again... I smooth everything out, then spray again and put my top layer on. Again... smoothing out from the center. Give that a try next time? Your quilt looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet quilt--Thanks for linking up to 100 Quilts for Kids!

    ReplyDelete