Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Some Progress

Slow but sure.......

I was hoping to have some finishes to show you by now but the machine quilting is taking a little bit longer than I thought. One thing I found out is that my seam ripper is now my best friend. I spend more time with her than with humans, I swear!
     I did manage to complete 2 tops that are just waiting on binding which hopefully will be done in the next day or two. The straight line quilting with the walking foot was pretty easy to learn. Now its just practice and paying attention to make sure I keep the lines straight.  The free motion well... I felt like a crazy woman holding on for dear life! I did just the outer borders in free motion coz that isnt as bad ripping that out as the center parts. I have to say though, I was pretty pleased with it when it was done.
    I spend so much time online reading all the blogs for tips , tricks, to see what is new it definately cuts into sewing time. I am going to have to work this out, maybe I can read faster , or stop following all the links till I have no clue where I am :)
   Well, to keep from rambling, hopefully I will be back in a day or so with some pictures finally. Until then, I hope you all have a wonderful and blessed day!!
Kate

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha.... I get lost following link after link also. I certainly need to "step away from the computer" some days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kate, I hope you're enjoying your machine still. It sounds like a great one. For free motion quilting check out Sewcalgal's blog and also Leah Day's blog at Daystyle Designs. Both of them have some great lessons. I can quilt great with a longarm, but free motion quilting is still hard for me.

    ReplyDelete