Thursday, November 15, 2012

Fall in New Hampshire

I had said awhile ago that I was going to post some foliage pictures and I am finally getting around to doing it! One thing on the plus side, it is still fall even though all the leaves have fallen off the trees. :)

 I hope you enjoy these pictures or better yet, come to New Hampshire in the fall and visit for yourself!!

Old New England Farmhouse

Thanksgiving dinner :)

Awesome old covered bridge



Mt. Washington Auto Road 
Mt. Washington has the worlds worst weather at the top. You never know what it will be like. They have a weather observatory at the top I always wanted to spend a night in.  This auto road they use to actually race cars to the top! Seriously LOL and this was back in the 40s !


This is the road up the mountain.



2000 feet

about 3000 feet

at 4000 feet they closed the road as the weather was getting so bad so we couldn't go all the way up. It was so windy the car was rocking like a boat in a bad storm and it was snowing and starting to sleet so it was time to head back down.

lobster traps

This is not a fall picture but a picture I ran across of the Bounty when it was in port in Portsmouth NH. This is the ship that sank of the coast of NC during Hurricane Sandy
She was a beauty.
Well. this is pretty picture intense so I will stop now. Will do another posting of my area in the near future. I have so many pictures but I am not going to bore you with them all :) 
Hope you are all having a wonderful day!!!
hugs and blessings
Kate













1 comment:

  1. Hi Kate,
    Trying you from a few angles. You're a winner in the Great Quilt Giveaway on The Works blog at Clothworks. Your email bounced back to me. Can ou email me susie(at)clothworks.com and we can talk about the dtails? thanks and congrats!!
    susie

    ReplyDelete