And boy do I have questions ;)
Well, I have had it for about a week now, Juki Exceed 400, and I have to say I am totally in love with it so far. I have basically just done piecing with it. I am working into it slow to make sure I am comfortable with it before I move on. So, no problems with the basics, it sews so quiet and smooth. I love the thread cutting and needle threading. I like that I touch one button to move the needle into a position to make it so that the 1/4" mark is the edge of the presser foot. The speed control is a really nice feature. I know no matter how hard I am pressing the foot control its top speed will go no faster than I am comfortable with and wont go out of control on me. The feed is so smooth and easy to control. You don't have to stay on top of it to keep the seam going straight. It is just a comfortable smooth feed.
I now feel ready to learn how to machine quilt. It is funny, back in the day, when I started to quilt, it wasn't really an option. I don't remember anyone doing it at all. Things have changed so much.
So I have some questions if anyone will take the time to answer for me I sure would appreciate it.
1. When stitching in the ditch which is the best foot to use?
2. How do you get your stitches to look hand sewn? I have seen some quilts where there is more space between the stitches that make it look had sewn.
3. For straight line quilting which is the best method and which foot do you prefer?
4. Do you do this with feed dogs up or down?
5. With free motion do you cover your feed dogs or just drop them?
Ok, well, I think that is enough questions for now. :)
I hope you are all having a wonderfully happy Monday